Pico Night Punkin' is a demake of Friday Night Funkin' for the PICO-8 virtual machine with programming and remade music by Carson Kompon and art by Blstr Manx made for Pico Day 2021. It attempts to be as faithful as the original despite the limitations, with mostly the same gameplay, but more primitive graphics and sound.
This game provides examples of:
- Adapted Out: Due to resources only allowing one character per song, characters who don't have their songs here and background characters have been completely removed.
- Overly Narrow Superlative: The Newgrounds release calls it "the lowest resolution rhythm game on this website".
- Randomly Generated Levels: Random mode gives random note positions, though it may not work outside of the tutorial. You can copy the seed by pressing ctrl+c.
- Speed Stripes: "M.I.L.F." showcases the characters moving on a limo by just having a blue background with white lines whizzing past them.
- Video Game Demake: This is the original HTML5 game remade in PICO-8, a virtual computer that mimics limitations of 1980s video game consoles.