is an online Voxel-based First-Person Shooter
, created by exacto games for PC
in 2013. It was funded
with the promise of combining the creative potential and destructibility of Minecraft
with the tense, competitive gameplay of online shooters. Whether it succeeded at those goals is a matter of debate.
Needs More Tropes.
Guncraft contains examples of:
- Awesome, but Impractical: Building. Much like in Minecraft, you can build quite a lot of detailed stuff
but explosive weapons can destroy all of it in seconds, and there are many of those going around.
- Everything Breaks: As a trade-off for square graphics, anything and everything can and will be destroyed, especially if you're wielding high explosives.
- First-Person Ghost: Played straight here.
- Item Crafting: Major part of gameplay is being able to craft your own guns from various parts. Those guns can then be submitted for inclusion into the game world, which makes them available for all players. However, they have to pass approval process first.
- Obvious Beta: Metacritic has plenty of negative reviews from early players pointing out all the various glitches and graphical artefacts present in the game.
- Standard FPS Guns: Played straight when the game first started. There were shotguns, pistols, sniper rifles, submachine guns, etc. which did more-or-less what you expect. The only subversion was with grenades, bazookas and other explosive weapons: these were far more valuable here due to the Everything Breaks nature of the game.
- This trope is increasingly averted as more and more players join in and submit their gun designs. Since you can control literally any aspect of the gun created, this can lead to very unusual weapons. Whether they pass the approval process is another matter.