- Alan Smithee: Trey Parker and Matt Stone foolishly (by their own admission) credited themselves as "Robert T. Pooner" in Jesus vs. Santa, allowing others to take credit for it and get gigs in Hollywood until the duo could prove that they had made it.
- Approval of God: Boitano himself was flattered at his depiction in the second short. It even inspired a cooking show called What Would Brian Boitano Make?.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: How the shorts became popular in the first place. VHS duplicates of the shorts made their rounds through Hollywood and became pre-internet viral sensations in underground entertainment circles.
- Recycled Script: Aside from the similar plots, it ends with the same speech about the meaning of Christmas being "presents."
- Shout-Out: Jesus and Santa's battle uses music from Mortal Kombat 3.
Trivia / The Spirit of Christmas