- Actor Allusion: The Beast grapples with the deputy, professional-wrestling style. Appropriate given Tor Johnson was a former pro wrestler.
- Author Appeal: The "Breast of Yucca Flats" scene, included because Coleman Francis wanted a nude scene.
- Fan Nickname: "The Breast of Yucca Flats" for the random topless scene at the beginning.
- No Budget: If the lack of any sound or dialogue didn't somehow tip you off.
- Real-Life Relative: The wife and sons of Coleman Francis play the distraught wife and wandering kids in the movie.
- Throw It In!: The Beast was supposed to simply die at the end of the film. However, a wild rabbit walked onto set and Tor Johnson got up and kissed the rabbit, then dropped back down. Francis liked the scene so much he made into the final shot of the movie. Possibly the one choice he ever made that improved one of his films.
- Typecasting: Tor Johnson as The Beast, basically reprising his Plan 9 from Outer Space character, except with an (inaudible) Russian accent.
Trivia / The Beast of Yucca Flats