- Approval of God: The author showed enthusiasm about two fanfics named Remembering Lincoln and Requiem For a Loud - Fan made ending , which are both an interpretation of how Requiem might end. Although in case of the former, he also said that he would've preferred that its author had waited for Requiem to finish before submitting an interpretation of the end. If his review of the latter is to be believed, it actually made him cry.
- Creator's Favorite: The author has stated that both Lynn and Luna are his favorite sisters. While they're not being portrayed as Creator's Pet, they do have somewhat more scenes than the rest of the family.
- Follow the Leader: With this fanfic being the leader; several other fanfics about Lincoln dying/having died have already started to appear, at least two of which are a direct spin-off of Requiem for a Loud (see Approval of God above).
- Outdated by Canon: In the story, Ronnie Anne reveals that her mother passed away when she was 9, hence why she and Bobby are now being raised by just their father. As of "Shell Shock", it's clear that in the show Mrs. Santiago is very much alive, and it's Mr. Santiago who is out of the picture (it would be over two years after the chapter was posted to finally reveal he too is still alive, but currently working in Peru).
- Schedule Slip: There isn't really any consistency in how fast new chapters are published. The first nine chapters were posted over a two-month period, from August to October 2016. At the end of chapter 9, published before going on a month-long hiatus (November 2016) due to schoolwork and exams, the author promised that from December 1 onwards, there would be an update at least once a week, or perhaps even every 4 days, but sadly that promise turned out to be a little too ambitious to keep with regards to the author being busy with college and difficulties with the English translation due to English not being the author's native language. Though this could also be due to the increasingly length of the chapters. While the first 8 chapters had an average of 7000-8000 words, every chapter onwards has been 1000 words longer. Chapter 12 had 12000 words in it. Since the author writes each chapter twice (the original Spanish version and the English version), his delays are understandable.
- Chapters 10 to 16 were posted at a steady pace of every two weeks from December 2016 to February 2017, with a three-week gap for Chapter 17 and another two-week gap for Chapters 18 and 19, posted on March 24 and April 1, 2017 respectively . Then, two and a half months (June 2017) passed for Chapter 20 to be posted, took exactly five months (November 18, 2017) for Chapter 21, a further three months (March 2018) for Chapter 22, and five months (August 3 and 10, 2018 in Spanish, September 13, 2018 in English) for Chapters 23 and 24, mostly due to him being busy with schoolwork and other personal issues. Chapter 25 was released on May 17, 2019, a whopping nine months later. Per the author, the story will end on Chapter 26.
- As of Chapter 14, the author stated that the story (in both languages) will only update on Fridays, but not each week.
- The Spanish version of Chapter 18 was uploaded on Friday, but the English version was uploaded on Saturday.
- The English version of Chapters 20, 21, and 22 were posted a week after the Spanish version.
- Chapter 21 was originally supposed to be posted in August, in time for the fanfic's first anniversary, but it did not until November 18.
- The English translation of chapter 24 was delayed for a month due to the author's computer breaking down.
- What Could Have Been: In the authors note for chapter 25, UnderratedHero reveals that he originally planned to have Mr. Loud quit his IT job to become a professional hairdresser. This was before, in the show, Mr. Loud was revealed to be an aspiring chef. Now that canon Mr. Loud has quit his IT job to open a restaurant, the author decided to follow suit and use that instead.
- Working Title: In the first drafts, the story was called "Operation Farewell", but the author decided to go with "Requiem for a Loud" because he thought the word "Requiem" was more singular and the Shout-Out would make it easier to remember. The original title became the story's tenth chapter.
Trivia / Requiem for a Loud