- Creator Backlash: Craig Charles admits on the DVD Commentary that the Tales From The Riverbank scene was a direct attempt to recreate The Flintstones routine and that it "didn't quite get up there".
- Creator Couple: Kryten's ideal partner is played by Robert Llewellyn's then-girlfriend (now wife) Judy Pascoe, whilst Lister's is played by Craig Charles' then-girlfriend Suzanne Rhatigan.
- Deleted Scene:
- Extended dialogue to various scenes; these include Rimmer's happiness at asteroid-spotting, Lister talking about lost love Kochanski, and the "hammy hamster" discussion.
- A new scene of Kryten and blob-Camille slow-dancing in the Parrots Bar.
- The Other Marty: It was originally planned for Lister's Camille to be Kristine Kochanski, but it was decided that the sudden and inexplicable reappearance of Lister's dead ex-girlfriend would tip him off too soon that something wasn't right. It was then decided that Lister's Camille would instead become a Lister-like character (essentially a Caucasian version of Deb Lister). Tracy Brabin shot some scenes as the Kochanski Camille, but these were eventually removed by the writers as they didn't think them strong enough. Suzanne Rhatigan was brought in at last-minute. Despite the change in character, Rhatigan is still credited as "Kochanski Camille" in the closing credits.
Trivia / Red Dwarf Season IV Camille