- Development Gag: The second edition of the game replaces Toronto with Montreal. The Montreal-based publisher Filosofia bought out Z-Man Games in 2011, so that is a nod to them.
- Fan Nickname: The pairing of the Dispatcher and the Medic is known as the "Jesus Walk."note
- Genre Popularizer: Twice!
- The original Pandemic demonstrated that board games could be strictly co-operative and accessible yet still provide an engaging and challenging puzzle with replay value. The number of co-operative board games on the market notably rose after its release.
- Later, Pandemic: Legacy would do this again for legacy style games. While it had been done before, most notably in Risk: Legacy with which it shares a designer, the introduction of a strong narrative element was extremely well received and once again caused a rise in the number of legacy games being produced.
Trivia / Pandemic