- Accidentally Correct Writing: Jay Fosgitt was criticized for their Off-Model depiction of Celestia sitting, which wound of quite similar to how she would sit in "Horse Play".
- Actor Allusion: In "CMC and Discord", one of Discord's attempts to help the Crusaders has the group in a Star Trek: The Next Generation setting, with Discord playing Q and even lampshading that it seems familiar.
- Fandom Nod: In "CMC and Discord", at one point, Discord gives the CMC superhero personas; Sweetie Belle becomes a robot, which is a direct nod to the concept of Sweetie Bot created by the Friendship is Witchcraft series.
- Jossed: In "Princess Celestia and Spike", Celestia's explanation for her demeanor both acknowledges and refutes the "Tyrantlestia" and "Trollestia" fan interpretations.Celestia: And yes, sometimes I have let Twilight take care of an incident that I could have cleared away easily. But I do not do this because I am cruel, or because I want to play a joke on Twilight... I do this because I am her teacher, and sometimes, this is how she must learn.
- Promoted Fanboy: Jenn Blake is a notable fan-artist who's done comic book cover-inspired pony art, and now she's working on the Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon issue.
Trivia / My Little Pony: Friends Forever