- Anime First: There is a manga, Kiddy Gi RL-AND Pure, which was released simultaneously (it actually started serialization in Comp Ace before the anime started) but the story differed wildly. A novel adaptation was released later.
- Bad Export for You: It is a HD show, but despite there being no sign of a western DVD release, let along Blu-ray, the Crunchyroll streams are limited to 480P.
- The Danza: Shiraishi, voiced by Minoru Shiraishi. Hell, he even gets to say his famous Wasuremono line up to how he says it.
- Development Hell: From announcement to release took three years, including two years of complete silence and an unexplained change of animation studio:
- The "K-G.2" project was announced in October 2006.
- In January 2007 the studio (asread) and basic details were announced.
- A Pilot DVD was released in May 2007.
- In February 2009 the official title was finally announced along with news that it was now being animated by Satelight. Clearly there was also more than a little tweaking done to the basic story as well since it bore little resemblance to the Pilot and one of the main characters had a fairly radical redesign, both in appearance and personality.
- The first episode airs in October 2009.
- What Could Have Been: Just watch the original pilot.
Trivia / Kiddy GiRL-AND