- Fan Nickname: Tracks 1 and 3 on G__d's Pee at STATE'S END! are often referred to as "Glacier" and "Cliff" for brevity's sake. This is also what the songs were known as on live bootlegs before their studio release, named as such due to the projections the band used onstage while performing them.
- Flip-Flop of God: While the band were identified as anarchists several times in the media, the band pointed out at various points that none of them had ever ascribed the label to themselves. Then, in a 2014 interview, Efrim Menuck did so without fanfare.
- In 2017 the band released an album titled Luciferian Towers, which features songs with titles such as "Bosses Hang" and "Anthem for No State", which has pretty much made it clear in no uncertain terms what the band's political positions are.
- Follow the Leader: They're one of the most frequently copied Post-Rock bands in the world at this point. Even bands in theoretically completely unrelated genres, such as Screamo and Black Metal, frequently bear unmistakable influence from them. The subgenre they inspired has been nicknamed "crescendocore", and includes bands such as Explosions In The Sky and Mono.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The only way the band's composition "Steve Reich" is available is on bootleg recordings (the band played it once for radio station VPRO and once for late British DJ John Peel). The reason why is probably that it is loosely based on the eponymous composer's Violin Phase. The band also has a habit of introducing new songs live before performing them on record; in fact, over half the songs on all the band's albums dating back to at least Yanqui U.X.O. were available as concert recordings years before the albums appeared.
- Averted with All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling despite being on actual tape: 33 copies are said to exist but oddly enough, they've never surfaced online, if ever. Even Efrim Menuck has shown genuine shock that the demo's never been put online. See Old Shame for more information.
- No-Hit Wonder: GYBE have only ever released one single, and it was distributed with a fan magazine. Despite this, they have a large fanbase and receive heaps of critical acclaim.
- Old Shame: All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling. The band have made it very clear that it won't be reissued for this reason. And you can't even Keep Circulating the Tapes because nobody's got one to circulate. Efrim Menuck has talked poorly about it each time when asked, even stating how there's actual singing, implying the demo is less of a post-rock record, and more of a weird experimental release, compared to anything the band has released in the past.
- A tape actually did surface in 2013, but due to legal issues the person who was going to rip it sold it. Two songs did surface and are apparently genuine.
- Menuck has mentioned to still be in possession of the masters of the demo, but due to this trope, it's obvious he won't ever release it, and still thinks the tape will show up online someday.
Trivia / Godspeed You! Black Emperor