- Acclaimed Flop: Got positive reviews from critics, but sold poorly due to lacking advertisement. Not helped was Ōkami, Clover's previous game, being one as well, leading to the company eventually shutting down.
- Colbert Bump:
- The LP from Two Best Friends Play garnered the game more attention to the point that the character page on This Very Wiki was expanded noticeably around the time the LP was being uploaded.
- A review from YouTuber SsethTzeentach also invoked this specifically for Rule 34 artwork of Olivia to the point that he spent several hundreds of dollars comissioning several artists to create some. Bonus points for the fact that, due to the game never being rereleased on anything but the PS2 (with a later digital rerelease on PS3), he linked a PS2 emulator bundled with the game in the description to his video.
- Creator Killer: Sold so badly that it killed off Clover Studio, which then later gathered most of the employees together and created PlatinumGames.
- Trope Namer: For the Power of the God Hand trope.
- What Could Have Been: Gene was on the list for the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 roster, but didn't quite make the cut. Fellow Clover alum Amaterasu showed up in his stead. He was then considered for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but didn't make it in again.
Trivia / God Hand