- Big Name Fan: Ivelisse Vélez did not elaborate on the details of her WWE release, but told curious WWE fans that she had a hard time meeting WWE image standards and was no good at self advancement politics. She also said not to worry because there would be another athlete in her spot soon, one who it would be unwise to play such games with. Much later Velez confirmed she was speaking of Flair and was happy to have been proven right.
- Creator Backlash: She rather bluntly said she doesn't think she's suited to being a Face and questioned WWE's decision to book her as such during the call-up.
- Dye Hard: Although naturally blonde, she has bleached it lighter since 2014.
- Real Life Writes the Plot:
- Charlotte turned heel in late 2013 and was Put on a Bus because she was getting breast implants.
- Even though she was probably going to be captaining the SmackDown women's team at Survivor Series 2018 anyway, Becky Lynch suffering a legit concussion during the Raw invasion segment the week before the PPV forced WWE to pull Becky from her champion vs. champion match with Ronda Rousey and call on Charlotte to represent SmackDown instead.
- In late summer 2017, Ric had serious complications from surgery and ended up hospitalized for a month, so Charlotte went on leave to be with him and the rest of the Flair family. When he thankfully recovered and Charlotte went back to SmackDown, this immediately became part of her storyline, as she cut a promo about the situation and how much Ric means to her before chasing Natalya and the SmackDown Women's Championship in his honor.
- Romance on the Set:
- Dirtsheet sites reported that she's dating Andrade "Cien" Almas. They confirmed themselves as a couple soon after. In early 2020 the couple already engaged.
- Shortly after Alberto Del Rio and Paige went public with their relationship, it was reported that Del Rio had a brief relationship with Charlotte beforehand,note albeit the two never came out as a couple and neither spoke about it officially.
- What Could Have Been: A program between Charlotte and Paige was planned on NXT, and they even filmed a tag match that ended with Charlotte pinning Paige. During that time however, the decision was made to call Paige up and put the Divas' Championship on her. They then had to hurriedly film a segment that stripped Paige of the NXT Women's title, and edit out her entrance in the taped match (showing her with the title).
Trivia / Charlotte Flair