- Leo's choice words during the battle with The Nightwatcher seem close to Foreshadowing the events that follow (And this is before he discovers The Nightwatcher is really Raphael in disguise): "Funny thing about anger. Let it consume you! And soon enough...you lose sight of everything."
- Leo and Raph's Rooftop Confrontation. All the emotional tension and lack of communication between them leads to this; a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown between two brothers. As a final touch, the battle takes place in the rain, echoing the sadness of this scene; that in the end, this fight has become necessary.
- What makes it worse is that it seems that Raph's resentment of Leo is due to envy. While at the surface, it does seem like jealousy, the heart wrenching dialogue before the fight where the two brothers finally let it all out makes it clear that what Raph was really mad about is the extended amount of time Leo spent away from home and the effect it had on their family (especially Raph himself). In a nutshell, Raph was angry at Leo because he felt abandoned by him when he needed a brother more than a leader.
- Also, it's not like Leo wanted to leave them, but he felt he had to in order to train to be a better leader. And it's implied he did it all for Raph, which makes the fact Raph still gives him shit for it all the more frustrating for him.Leo: Hey, I was training; training to be a better leader! For you! Why do you hate me for that?!Raph: AND WHO EVER SAID I WANTED TO BE LED?! I'm better off calling my own shots! Now get used to it!Leo: You. Aren't. Ready! You're impatient, and hot-tempered, and more importantly...I'm better than you.Raph: (laughs sarcastically) Oh, you know something, big brother; I'd hafta disagree with you on that one. (draws his sais)Leo: Don't do this, Raph.Raph: I'm done taking orders.
- Things get worse in which Leo realizes he is unable to stop Raph and his katanas break, culminating in Raph nearly finishing Leo — by stabbing his sais just close by Leo's shoulder if not toward his face, missing him by an inch.
- The look on Raph's face when he finally calms down and realizes that he had nearly killed his own brother.
- The quiet glare on Leo's face as Raph realizes what just happened, as if saying "This is why you aren't ready."
- ...And then minutes after his My God, What Have I Done? realization, he takes off running. The rain as it hits his face and the sounds of desperation he makes in his running, makes it look and sound as if he is crying.
- The blood-curdling scream Leo makes, echoing as he is incapacitated by the Stone Generals. Cue the close-up shot of two Foot solders holding guns to his face minutes before that scream...
- And the look on Raph's face when he realizes his brother is in trouble...
- After the fight, the Stone Generals kidnap the too-tired-to-fight Leonardo and Raphael gives chase, but is unable to catch up with them and he falls to his knees, doing a Big "NO!" as his brother is taken away.
- Raphael's temper tantrum, wrecking most of the gym equipment upon returning home after Leo's kidnapping, followed with some emotional blabbering and then finally, an emotional "The Reason You Suck" Speech towards himself when talking to Splinter.Raphael: I know why you chose him now. I know that there's a reason why he's the better son, and I'm not.
- Raphael answering Splinter's question of what's become of Leonardo after their fight...by showing him his broken katana.
- Raphael: ...they took him.
- During a brief argument between Leo and Raph at Casey and April's home, Raph tells Leo he quits and exits the apartment. Casey tries to stop him, reminding him that sometimes "you need to take a breather". Raph just coldly tells him "whatever" and still leaves.
- The music titled "Raph Quits" playing during the scene just after Raph says "I quit!" sounds melancholy enough to fit in the intense post-argument scene.
- The little known origin of how Raphael became the Nightwatcher is rather sad once you learn of it. Adding another reason for Raph to be angry at Leo.
Tear Jerker / TMNT