- Shaun's tears as his mother dies.
- Even worse than that was the moment where he breaks down in the Winchester basement. "I couldn't save any of them!" Just for a second he's way over the Despair Event Horizon, and he just thinks this caps off all the failures in his life...damn, Simon Pegg needs an award for that scene.Liz: How many we got left?Shaun: Two. S'pose we could take a few of 'em out if they stood in a line.Shaun: I know.
- Barbara gives Liz her necklace, saying that Shaun's biological father gave it to her and she wants Liz to have it just before dying."I didn't want to cause a fuss."
- Even worse than that was the moment where he breaks down in the Winchester basement. "I couldn't save any of them!" Just for a second he's way over the Despair Event Horizon, and he just thinks this caps off all the failures in his life...damn, Simon Pegg needs an award for that scene.
- The scene where an infected Ed volunteers to be left behind to die so he won't slow Shaun and Liz down:
- Ed: I'll stop doing them when you stop laughing.Shaun: I'm not laughing. [and he's not: he's crying]
- Philip telling Shaun that he loved him then dying. Gah.
- Shaun: He's not my dad!Barbara: Shaun-Shaun: Mum, he was, but he's not anymore!
- And the bit just before that, when Diane asks Shaun if 'his dad' is all right, Shaun repeats the old refrain of "He's not my dad!" and Philip looking heartbroken.
- It is mostly played for laughs in the movie, but jeez, you just want to hug Shaun when he looks at you like that with tears in his eyes when he's in the pub with Ed after Liz dumped him.
- Minor, comparatively, but Shaun's reaction to discovering Pete as a Z-word in the bathroom. He's in total denial about it, speaking to him as if he's the same as ever, and is visibly upset. They have, after all, been flatmates for five years, and known each other since at least college.
- Ed: Pete'd be so pissed off if he knew I was driving his car, ey?Shaun: [thoroughly shaken] I don't think so.
- It's revealed that Dianne survived, but has since moved in with her aunt and is now on a Christmas card relationship with Shaun and Liz.
Tear Jerker / Shaun of the Dead
A surprising number for what's otherwise a comedy. Mood Whiplash doesn't begin to do some of it justice: