- Frisk giving up their own SOUL to give Asriel a second chance is heartrending enough, but particularly the reveal that Frisk had reset the world countless times after their journey in trying to find a way to save Asriel, until sacrificing their SOUL became the only option available.
- This exchange:Asriel: Ha...Frisk...q-quit kidding around. You know I can't accept that. I-if I took your soul...th...then you'd...Frisk hugs Asriel tightly.Frisk: (Tearing up) Please...Asriel, shaking violently, returns the hug in tears.Asriel: ...You idiot...
- This exchange:
- The boss fight between Asriel and Chara ends with Chara using all the Frisk SOULS they had collected from other timelines to whittle Asriel's HP to 1 as Chara holds their knife for the killing blow...Chara: I...I... (Crying) I can't...(Drops the knife)
Asriel: (after hugging Chara) I'm going to miss you..Chara: (silent before breaking down into tears)
- The original fight was even sadder; Asriel tells Chara he can't save them this time. Cue a panicking Chara attempting to plea with Asriel as their body fails them before they realize the truth. That Asriel won't (or even can't save them). Cue Chara dropping to their knees and begging Asriel to save them. The tragedy is made even worse through the artwork. Up until now, Chara had shadows over their body and eyes, a sign of their treachery. By now, all the shadows are gone, showing Chara is not capable of lying anymore. Driven further home when Chara is on their knees, pleading with Asriel to go home andwanting to see their parents. Hell, the fact they call them Mommy and Daddy just hits home that at their core, Chara is a broken child who just wants to desperately go back to how things used to be.They then starting apologizing as it's implied the full weight of their actions is finally hitting them And then..
- "Just... Just got to answer the phone. That's all! Say 'hello' and... Ask him how he enjoyed being a soulless abomination you created?"
Tear Jerker / A Dreamer Reborn