Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony is a tabletop game inspired by My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and Friendship is Dragons. It originally began in the comments section of Friendship is Dragons, but has since moved to its own forum here.
Tropes appearing Pony Tales are:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A Utility Talent you can take, called "Fracturing The Fourth Wall."
- Character Level: A 10 level system.
- Combat Medic: You can build your character like this.
- Luck Manipulation Mechanic: Plenty:
- The Utility Talent Awesomeness lets either them or an ally reroll a natural 1 once per day.
- The Utility Talent This Is Whining! lets you turn a CM Failure into a Natural 20.
- The Striker Trait Unacceptable! lets you reroll every natural 1 you roll in combat.
- The Gambler Trait Second Chance lets you force a creature to reroll a result you dislike; you then pick which of the two rolls you prefer.
- The Handi-Capable Trait Shrug It Off lets you recoil a failed saving throw with a +5 bonus once per battle.
- Massive Race Selection: In addition to the standard Unicorns, Earth Ponies and Pegasi, you can also play Minotaurs, Changelings, Griffins, Cows, Sheep, Pigs, Buffalo and Baby Dragons. If thats not enough for you, you can now create your own.
- The Six Stats: Four, in this case.
- Brawn: Covers physical tasks, like Stunts and Endurance.
- Precision: Measures your aptitude to perform precise tasks, including Stealth, Mechanics and Acrobatics.
- Knowledge: Book-smarts and magical theory are covered by this, such as the Arcana, History, and Healing.
- Horse-sense: Your talent for noticing things and relating to others, covering Perception, Persuasion and Streetwise smarts.
- Splat: Two are available. Equine Power which gives more combat options, and Races Of Equestria, which gives more races.