A series on Discovery Channel Canada hosted by Teddy Wilson and Norm Sousa, adapted from a Norwegian series ("Ikke gjør dette hjemme", lit. Don't Do This at Home). If anything, it is most likely a Refuge in Audacity for the mere idea of a show that often has things exploding for the purpose of science. The show's intent is to literally show what would happen if you did try things at home when told not to do so (with a particular emphasis on why), although it also features demonstrations of what would happen if you did not Read the Freaking Manual and not use certain products in a correct and safe way, along with alternate (and often more dangerous) uses for other items like household appliances.
This series provides examples of
- Awesome, but Impractical: Trying to dry clothes faster on a spinning clothes line by attaching fireworks to it.
- Using space heaters to cook a huge slab of beef.
- Turning an entire room into a giant microwave by putting a lot of microwaves in it and lining it with aluminum foil.
- Making coffee with the water heater. They take it further by making beer later.
- Making holes in the dirt for plants and a hot tub with explosives
- Giving your car a Skylight........using Thermite.
- The Appliance Death Match segment involves a "Freaky Friday" Flip between pairs of appliances; such as deep frying in a coffee maker against making coffee in a deep fryer.
- Don't Try This at Home: Try it at theirs instead. But seriously, don't.
- Refuge in Audacity: Just looking at the show, does it even feel like they have a purpose for doing this? Maybe.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Uhh, yeah.
- Title Drop: Their actions are, in retrospect, often described as something "you should never ever do at home."
- Trash the Set: This is the explicit goal of the entire series; the houses were going to be demolished anyway, so why not go out in style? As such, this happens every single episode.
- They manage to wreck the ceilings of two rooms by doing stupid things in the rooms directly above, including sealing the bathroom so they could fill it with water, and using explosives to "move" a piano.
- The second last episode of season 1 ends with tearing the front wall of the house down. The last episode ends with them filling the house with gas and sparking it.