- Entertainingly Wrong: When she's informed Robert is deeply in debt, Frances jumps to the idea that he's hiding money away in the Caymans or such. The lawyer has to break it to her that Robert is just plain incompetent when it came to their finances.
- Robert and his lawyer assume the nutty behavior of Frances' lawyer (messing up names, getting lost) is all "mind games" to try and shake them up, not knowing the man suffered a stroke and thus really is mentally addled.
- Mistaken Nationality: Despite being obviously New Zealander, Robert consistently refers to Frances's lover Julian as French.
- Your Cheating Heart: Frances's affair is the final straw that ends the marriage.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Frances and Robert are repeatedly violating social norms as they navigate the treacherous stigmas of a failed marriage.
Series / Divorce