Thomas Haden Church (born June 17, 1960 in Woodland, California) is an American actor. He first rose to prominence playing dimwitted airport mechanic Lowell Mather in The '90s sitcom Wings before leaving the show at the end of its sixth season for a starring role on the Fox sitcom Ned & Stacey. He would later become known for his film roles, including his Academy Awardnominated performance in Sideways and his role as the Sandman in Spider-Man 3. He also made his directorial debut in Rolling Kansas.
- Demon Knight (1995) as Roach
- George of the Jungle (1997) as Lyle Van de Groot
- George of the Jungle 2 (2003)
- One Night Stand (2007) as Don
- The Specials (2000) as The Strobe
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) as US Marshal Quigley
- Serial Killing 4 Dummys (2004) as Vince Grimaldi
- Sideways (2004) as Jack Cole
- Spanglish (2004) as Mike
- Over the Hedge (2006) as Dwayne LaFontant
- Charlotte's Web (2006) as Brooks the Crow
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) as Flint Marko / Sandman
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) note
- Aliens in the Attic (2009) as Tazer
- All About Steve (2009) as Hartman
- Easy A (2010) as Mr. Griffith
- Killer Joe (2011) as Ansel Smith
- We Bought a Zoo (2011) as Duncan Mee
- John Carter (2012) as Tal Hajus
- Whitewash (2013) as Bruce Landry
- Heaven Is for Real (2014) as Jay Wilkins
- Max (2015) as Ray Wincott
- Daddy's Home (2015) as Leo Holt
- The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) as Clint / The Salt Water Redneck
- Hellboy (2019) as Lobster Johnson
- The 24th (2020) as Col. Norton
- 21 Jump Street (1989) as Tony (episode: "Eternal Flame")
- Wings (1990-95) as Lowell Mather (123 episodes)
- Ned & Stacey (1995-97) as Ned Dorsey (46 episodes)
- Teen Titans (2004) as Killer Moth (episode: "Date with Destiny")
- Regular Show (2012) as Quillgin (episode: "The Christmas Special")
- Divorce (2016-19) as Robert Dufresne (24 episodes)
Tropes associated with his works:
- Badass Baritone: He has a rather deep voice, which also overlaps with Guttural Growler.
- The Big Guy: Not only is he near 6 feet, but he is also very bulky.
- Stage Name: His real name is Thomas Richard McMillen.
- What Could Have Been: Was offered the role of the father in Little Miss Sunshine but turned it down. He admitted his regret over this decision.