At the Facility, Chojiro plans an exhibition duel with Yuya since the last one went so well, and Shingo invites himself in as well. However, Yuya suspects Crow and Shinji are up to something when a prisoner is taken away for questioning about a prison break, and Crow begins acting colder than usual to him. A friend of Crow's, Damon, recognizes Yuya as Yugo and reveals to him Yuzu is in this dimension, she and Yugo putting up posters informing people about the dimensional war. At Security, Jean-Michel Roget learns Yuzu and Yugo have applied for the Friendship Cup, and authorizes their entry, planning to arrest them in public as a message to the Commons. Yugo and Yuzu go to Yugo's home with Rin, where he tells Yuzu about their entry, thinking it'll be a better way to get the message out about the war.
The three-way duel between Yuya, Chojiro, and Shingo begins, and Shingo makes it an Action Duel. Chojiro and Shingo enjoy the duel, but Yuya is worried about what's going on with Crow and doesn't show the same enthusiasm. Gongenzaka and Dennis realize something is wrong and get to work on their own plan, telling Yuya to do what he must. However, a scramble for an Action Card draws attention to Crow, Shinji, and Damon, who are escaping through the air ducts. Meanwhile, Shun escapes solitary confinement and runs into Gongenzaka, and Dennis finds Serena. As Shun and Gongenzaka fight their way through guards on their own route, Yuya, Chojiro, and Shingo, follow Crow and his friends through the air ducts.
During the prison break, Jean-Michel Roget climbs in a limosine and moves out into the city.
This episode contains examples of:
- Air-Vent Passageway: Crow, Shinji, and Damon are planning this. In a nod to realism, it takes them time to remove the duct covering and the fan blades inside, and they excuse it away to a guard as repairs.
- Batman Gambit: Kurosaki hides in his cell by clinging to the ceiling out of view; when a guard opens the door to investigate the empty cell, Shun drops down and runs for it.
- Cool Old Guy: This episode shows Chojiro true personality is this.
- Film Felons: The exhibition duel is just a distraction/cover-up for the prison break.
- Great Escape: The entire episode is the heroes breaking out of the Facility.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: In contrast to Security being a No-Nonsense Nemesis, the Facility crew are incompetent; Chojiro distracts them with a rain of rare cards he's collected, and even before that they don't do much to stop the prison break.
- Heroic BSoD: Yuya spends a lot of the episode sad when he learns that Yuzu is being targeted by Security. It is only worsen when he attempts to join Crow's jail break, Crow tells him to shut up. He only gets back to normal when he learns that Crow plans of breaking all of them out.
- Off Hand Back Hand: Gongenzaka casually knocks down a guard who tries to stand up as he follows Shun.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: What tips Yuya off that Crow is up to something is when he starts claiming they aren't friends.
- Orcus on His Throne: Subverted — Roget has spent the previous episodes giving orders from Security's headquarters, but now he's heading out into the city himself.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: A freshly showered Yuzu in some new clothes is given a loving, sparkly pan up her body. Yugo almost glomps her in response.
- Tournament Arc: The Friendship Cup, inevitably, is now set up as this for the coming episodes, now that Yugo and Yuzu have entered.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Chojiro's friends stay behind to stall the guards and buy him and the Lancers time to escape.