Yuya vs. Gonzengaka continues. Gongenzaka reveals he has learned Synchro Summoning from Yaiba Todo, evolving his Steadfast Dueling to a new level. His new ace monster, Superheavy Samurai Warlord Susanowo, can use Spell and Trap cards from the opponent's Graveyard, letting Gongenzaka compensate for his own lack of such cards. Yuya in turn evolves his own dueling further, using a new Pendulum Monster to perform a Fusion Summon without Polymerization. When even Rune-Eyes Pendulum Dragon isn't enough to break down Gongenzaka's defenses, Yuya fuses again, creating the Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon that wins him the duel. Yuya is in the Junior Youth Championship, and Gongenzaka resolves to win more duels so bring his win-loss ratio back up so he can still enter himself.
At Leo Corporation, Reiji has Hokuto, Masumi, and Yaiba in care after their loss to Shun. He orders the memories of the three erased to protect Shun's identity, as Reiji has entered him into the Championship along with several other duelists he's watching carefully, among them Yuya and Sora.
This episode provides examples of:
- After-Combat Recovery: Yuya gains visible bruises and scrapes during the duel, but the moment it's over all his injuries vanish.
- Crocodile Tears: Hilariously obvious ones in Nico Smiley's recap introduction. They bounce against each other.
- I Meant to Do That: Though not outright stated, implied when Yuya jumps off his dragon to catch an action card... and has to do a roll to stop himself from doing a face plant.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Happens to Hokuto, Masumi, and Yaiba.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Marked by Gongenzaka showing his new Synchro summoning skills.
- Not So Stoic: Gongenzaka's father spends the entire duel serious and composed until the end, when he breaks out in Ocular Gushers.