- Break the Cutie / Break the Badass: Seeing all of his aged-up friends from the Bad Future die shocks Omi so much that Dojo has to activate the Sands of Time. Once the two have transported, Omi breaks down.
- Didn't Think This Through: Omi decides to freeze himself in order to meet his future self to recover the Sands of Time. Spot the logical flaw in this plan. Omi says this trope verbatim after he thinks it over.
- Expendable Alternate Universe: All the Heroes from the Bad Future end up dying in order to give Omi a chance to change the past.
- Grand Finale: The start of it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Omi tries to time travel to get the sands of time and creates a Bad Future.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Jack Spicer, of all people, took over the world in an Alternate Future.
- Sound-Only Death: We don't actually see Omi's teammates die, as the camera flashes to his reaction.