Marge becomes a professional chauffeur. Meanwhile, Moe goes from bartending to janitorial work at the nuclear plant.
- Benevolent Boss: Averted. Homer, Lenny and Carl think Moe will be like this when he is made their superior, but start to think of him as a Bad Boss when he *gasp* expects them to do their jobs and not goof off.
- Big Damn Heroes: When Marge drives Moe back to his bar as part of her Uber job, she's threatened by a gang of cab drivers angry at her for stealing their jobs. Moe uses his shotgun to "persuade" the drivers to leave her alone.
- Call-Back: Homer gets demoted to a lower-wage position at the plant because of cuts caused to make up for losses caused by Elon Musk. Probably one of the only Simpsons episodes that makes a callback, albeit briefly, to an episode which took place in the same season, only two episodes prior.
- "Just Joking" Justification: One of the cab drivers protests when Moe tells them to clean their seats at least once per year and Moe reacts by shooting his 'taxi' sign. The cab driver says he's just kidding.
- Mandatory Line: Lisa only has one line in this episode: "Oh, mom! Someone wants you to give them a ride!" Bart, on the other hand, remains silent throughout the entire episode.
- Noodle Incident: To become an employee at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, one needs to have a clear record for the last six months. Upon being told this, Moe tells Homer, Lenny and Carl to wait for one week before he applies for a job there.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: When a NRC agent's identity is challenged on the grounds that he no longer has the mustache that he has in his identity badge, he says it'll take more years to get a new badge than it'll take to grow a new mustache.
- Self-Deprecation: The blackboard gag has Bart write that pixel art is not real art, when the entire intro is done in a pixelized style.
- Shout-Out: Homer has a dream that parodies The Jetsons' intro. It ends with Homer being seen by some robots as a reason "why humans failed". One of the robots is Bender Bending Rodriguez.
- Tempting Fate: While in charge of Moe's Tavern, Homer, Lenny and Carl establish a "ladies drink free" night to attract guys who'll hope to offer beer to ladies and think there won't be any losses because no ladies ever show up at Moe's. The only customers who appear that night are women.