- The Control Voice: From the time our earliest ancestors looked to the stars we have wondered what secrets they held. But will we be ready when those answers are disclosed?
People who had been struck by meteors rise from the dead and start working on devices.
- The Control Voice: It is our nature to fear a dark purpose in that which we do not understand. But true evil may lie more in ignorance than in suspicion.
- Adaptational Alternate Ending: The fate of those who entered the alien machine built by Jacob Hardy, Kelly Risely and Curtis Sawyer is left ambiguous.
- Converse with the Unconscious: Daria Michaels has been in a coma since she was knocked down by a hit-and-run driver. Her husband Ian sits at her hospital bed and talks to her on a daily basis.
- The Remake: Of the original 1960s version.
- Technicolor Eyes: A variation. Jacob Hardy, Kelly Risley and Curtis Sawyer's eyes occasionally glow with blue energy.
- Touched by Vorlons: Jacob Hardy, Kelly Risley and Curtis Sawyer all gain Super Intelligence after being struck in the head by apparent meteor fragments which turn out to be pieces of alien technology.
- Waking Up at the Morgue: Jacob Hardy is struck in the head by an apparent meteor fragment and dies instantly as the fragment became embedded in his brain. When his body is brought to the morgue, pathologist Dr. Ian Michaels and his assistant Ollie Gibb begin to perform an autopsy. Ian's first step is to remove the fragment, which turns out to a metal projectile. A tentacle then emerges from the hole in Jacob's head, much to the horror of Ian and Ollie. Before they can react, Jacob opens his eyes, takes a deep breath and sits upright, having been resurrected by the alien technology.