SpongeBob and Patrick have their peaceful day of jellyfishing disturbed by Sandy's competitive nature.
"Squirrel Jelly" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Don't try to force others to be as competitive as you.
- Ash Face: SpongeBob and Patrick after all of Jellyfish Fields is burned down.
- Competition Freak: Sandy Up to Eleven here.
- Eye Scream: Some jellyfish make their way into Patrick's head, push his eyes out of his head and put themselves into his sockets, stinging him while he screams.
- Jerkass Realization: Sandy has a minor version of this when she sees all the damage she did due to her competitive nature.
SpongeBob pulls a loose string from Squidward's shirt that never seems to end.
"The String" contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch Comment:Mr. Krabs: (holding a $10,000,000 bill) Me most valuable possession, (grabs a framed picture of his daughter, Pearl) except, of course, (opens the backside of the picture frame and pulls out a $100,000,000 bill) for you, my love.
- Eye Scream: SpongeBob juggles hot krabby patties with his eyeballs, only for them to catch on fire. It doesn't help that he tries to soothe it with spicy mustard.
- Naked People Trapped Outside: All the customers in the Krusty Krab run outside after SpongeBob unravels their clothes.
- Ow, My Body Part!: Parodied.Fred: MY LEG! I mean, MY PANTS!
- Running Gag: SpongeBob unravelling Squidward's clothes, leaving him naked.
- Tempting Fate: After Squidward emerges from the clothes store in a suit of armor, Squidward says, "Let's see that twine-twirling twit try to unravel this!" Not surprisingly, SpongeBob unravels it.