Air date: November 7, 2007
Stan and Kyle are both hooked on Guitar Hero, which drives a wedge in their friendship.
"Guitar Queer-O" contains examples of:
- Backhanded Compliment: When Stan and Kyle meet then-Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler at the party, Stan tells him "you kinda suck, but my dad says you might be good some day." Cutler gives him a confused thanks.
- Breakup Breakout: Parodied In-Universe when Stan and Kyle are split as a Guitar Hero duo. The manager sees Stan as the one with potential, noting that he thinks Kyle is holding him back. Kyle is left playing in a bowling alley.
- Fictional Video Game: Heroin Hero is a game about chasing a pink dragon through an enchanted forest while using up needles and smack. But you don't ever catch the dragon. You just... keep chasing it. Rehab Hero is a game about running away from a pink dragon to escape the addiction.
- Here We Go Again!: Cartman and Butters pick up the controllers after Stan and Kyle walk off, ready to duplicate the events of the episode.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Thad Jarvis has curly brown hair which falls over his right eye.
- Pun: One could call Heroin Hero the ultimate first-person shooter.
- Serious Business: Breaking a hundred thousand points on Guitar Hero would probably not get such a reaction in the real world.
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: To ease his stress, Stan plays Heroin Hero. On the day when he is supposed to break a million points and unlock super-stardom, his manager finds Stan passed out on the couch. When Stan shows up in poor condition at the arcade, Butters explains he's been up playing that game for three days straight.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: Randy tries to play Guitar Hero, but since he has no experience in video games, let alone Guitar Hero, he... doesn't do so well on it.Guitar Hero Announcer: Game over! You suck!
- A Winner Is You: When Stan and Kyle finally break a million points and unlock super-stardom, all they get is the message, "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU... ARE... FAGS!" The two are not happy.