Jesse, reeling from the reveal that Viktor and Tulip are married, considers whether to kill Viktor or not. Meanwhile, we are shown flashbacks to the end of Jesse's and Tulip's original relationship.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Tulip managed to hold down a regular job for all of three weeks before going back to her criminal ways.
- Ambiguous Syntax: At the end of the episode, Jesse says that he "took [Viktor] down." When he notices that Cassidy and Tulip are looking at him in horror, he specifies that he took Viktor down from the harness he was hanging in, letting him live.
- Both Sides Have a Point: Jesse and Tulip in the flashback. Jesse is taking the loss of his and Tulip's unborn child, which happened due to their adventurous criminal lifestyle, as a sign that they need to mend their ways and become good people. Perfectly reasonable and sympathetic... but seeing how painfully joyless their life and relationship has become, it's also hard to deny that Tulip has a point when she says that they are simply not cut out for a regular life.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Jesse submits Viktor to some of it.
- Face Death with Dignity: Viktor seems determined to go out flinging as many smirking insults at his killer as he can, never showing an ounce of fear.
- Lethal Chef: Cooking is apparently not one of Tulip's many talents.
- Tranquil Fury: Jesse is weirdly calm and quiet throughout the episode, even when aiming to give Viktor a messy death.