The fall play Dazzled is about to begin casting, and Fluttershy wants to audition but is her usual self. Applejack and Rainbow Dash offer to help her out, but Fluttershy also spies DJ Pon-3 nearby.
If Fluttershy chooses Applejack, Applejack advises she picture the audience as a flock of chickens, but Fluttershy instead pictures them all as Applejack. If she chooses Rainbow, Rainbow has her commentate a sports game and in her enthusiasm for the game she gets over her stage fright. With DJ Pon-3, she creates a dramatic entrance for Fluttershy with smoke and lasers before having her perform on-stage as a hologram.
- Big Entrance: What DJ Pon-3 creates for Fluttershy, with flashing lights, lasers, and a smoke cloud. Lampshaded by Rarity.Rarity: [towards the very shocked Rainbow Dash and Applejack] Wow, she really knows how to make an entrance.
- Imagine the Audience Naked: Applejack has a variant; she advises Fluttershy to picture the audience as a bunch of chickens. Fluttershy turns it around by picturing everyone in the audience as Applejack.
- Large Ham Announcer: Fluttershy gets caught up in Rainbow's soccer game and, well...Fluttershy: Down here, we mine for COOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!
- Mundane Utility: DJ Pon-3 rigs up an elaborate holographic system just so Fluttershy can be at the rehearsal without actually having to perform in public.
- Story Arc: This short starts one with the play. Several subsequent shorts depict the cast working on the production.
- The Voiceless: As usual, DJ Pon-3 says nothing.