Written By Todd Robinson
Directed By Jud Taylor
- Annoying Background Event: The SVU office is undergoing asbestos testing and some construction. Benson's desk goes missing, Fin is so afraid of asbestos that he wears a mask, and the whole squad is forced to move to a different section of the building...a cramped one. Whenever they have a briefing, the background is filled with sounds of hammers and wooden boards being moved around.
- Dead Sparks: The Marshalls are clearly only staying married for appearances. They have no affection for each other and knows each other's indiscretions.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Darlene Sutton thinks that every man wants to "ravage" her. It goes so far as to thinking that Stabler wants to "protect" her, and to also think that if she goes to prison everyone there will want her.
- Gallows Humor: The banter between Benson & Stabler while surveying the room that has...
.fluids illuminated by blacklight.
- Munch and Fin's discussion about what is more likely to kill Fin than asbestos.
- Hidden Wire: Goes horrifyingly wrong when Tommy Dowd, a male escort and victim, agrees to wear a wire to get a confession out of Leslie De Santis, his madam/the perp. She's making dinner while they talk, and when she discovers the wire she flies into a rage. The detectives, listening in, suddenly hear him screaming in agony and barge in to discover she'd thrown a huge pot of boiling pasta water all over him.
- Mr. Fanservice: Tommy Dowd in the cold open is shirtless. Somewhat offset by the fact that he was bleeding from a blow to the head.
- Rescue Romance: The Suttons' MO. Darlene hires male escorts to have sex with her and then Gary comes in to "rescue" her from the "rapist", beat up the male escort, and have Rescue Sex while the escort is on the floor, bleeding.
- You Look Familiar: The actress playing Claudia Marshall may look familiar to fans of the movie Airplane! . She's played by the same actress who was hysterical and was slapped senseless by a queue of people.