Strong Bad once again criticizes fan costumes (some sent to his Twitter account at @StrongBadActual): ones made with too little effort, ones made with too much effort, low-budget ones in high-budget settings, and ones that inspire characters who totally weren't made up on the spot.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Strong Bad declares fans should put a little more effort into their costumes, which is followed by a guy in a Homestar costume with white tights.Strong Bad: BLOOORGH! Less effort, less effort!
- Continuity Nod:
- Remember the New Guy?: Strong Bad "recognizes" a humidifier in the background of one picture as "a dead-on Humidibot" costume, which is followed by a skit featuring Humidibot and Strong Bad.
- Shout-Out: Strong Sad is seen listening to his record collection, singing along to "Age of Consent" by New Order.
- Subverted Catch Phrase: A guy posing in a store-room dressed as Dangeresque inspires Strong Bad to say "Looks like I'm gonna have to... stand on the door handle of this weird storage room!"
- Take That!: Strong Bad riffs on the tradition of mall trick-or-treating.Strong Bad: This is Red Five, I'm going in... to the mall... where my child will do all of their trick-or-treating, because even though I live in the suburbs, I'm terrified of my neighbors.
- Take That, Audience!: Strong Bad continues the grand tradition of making fun of fan-made Homestar Runner costumes.