Airdate: Thursday, October 29, 2015
Homestar's lame haunted house inspires Strong Bad to make his own lame haunted house.
- Body Horror: Marzipan is briefly shown with Homestar and Strong Sad's severed legs and Strong Mad's severed arm haphazardly sewn to her body.
- Chair Reveal: Strong Bad uses a swivel chair to introduce Large Bean.
- Continuity Nod:
- The title of this cartoon is a nod to the earlier Halloween cartoon The House that Gave Sucky Treats.
- Coach Z had previously thought about dressing as Andre 3000 for Halloween in Halloween Fair-stival.
- The Horrible Painting from bottom 10 and Jibblies 2 makes an appearance in the first room of St. Cadaverstump's.
- Homestar confuses Marizpan's Captain EO costume for her Prince costume from Jibblies 2.
- The "Shut Up!" Lady from bottom 10, your funeral, and other SBEmails makes an appearance during the "Two-Star Bed and Breakfast" segment.
- The security monitor from date and Best Caper Ever makes an appearance.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Invoked. Continuing the My God, What Have I Done? reaction to Hot Pooey, the Strong Mad Oyster-Smoothie-Breath-Caked-Armpit Latte has the tagline: "Oh my sweet Jennifer, there's no coming back from this one".
- Fantasy Twist:
- First, Strong Bad's attempt to trick Strong Sad into sticking his hand into a dirty toilet is foiled when Strong Sad starts over-thinking the Room Escape Game he's in.
- Then, after the Large Bean exhibit falls flat, Homestar comes in acting like a museum tour guide and spoils the mood further.
- Faux Horrific: This cartoon is almost a love-letter to this trope:
- Homestar's "haunted house" includes shoddy home-made Halloween decorations, a pile of "scary shoes" (not to be confused with the "spooky shoes"), and an incomplete jigsaw puzzle Marzipan was originally going to donate to Goodwill, which seems to terrify The Cheat at least.
- Strong Bad's haunted house includes a black-light Horrible Painting of Someone's Dad (who tries to make himself look like a hard-core cyclist), a sterile white room with an overwhelming stench, a run-down two-star bed-and-breakfast, and "the new face of terror, Large Bean!"
- Long List: The stench room apparently smells like "Strong Mad Oyster-Smoothie-Breath-Caked-Armpit Latte".
- Monster Clown: Strong Bad imagines a scary version of the Tragic Clown Dog.
- Noodle Implements: The Strong Mad Oyster-Smoothie-Breath-Caked-Armpit Latte.
- Noodle Incident: The King of Town apparently had Homsar executed for some reason, according to Strong Bad's fantasy anyway.
- Parody Commercial: An Easter egg features a commercial for the "Strong Mad Oyster-Smoothie-Breath-Caked-Armpit Latte", from the makers of Hot Jones and Hot Pooey.Announcer: Oh my sweet Jennifer, there's no coming back from this one.
- Poke the Poodle: Strong Bad's attempt at subtle horror is a little too subtle. His "haunted house" is just a crappy-but-harmless bed and breakfast, his "Spooky Painting" is just a painting of someone's obnoxious dad, and his "scary monster" is a giant lima bean taped to some kid's clothes.
- Room Escape Game: Strong Bad has one of these set up at St. Cadaverstump's. It's really an attempt to get Strong Sad to root around in a toilet full of poop.
- Shout-Out: Coach Z's constantly-changing costume is a reference to the outfits worn by Andre 3000 in the music videos for The Love Below
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Strong Bad's hypothetical haunted house is "St. Cadaverstump's Totally-Not-Just-An-Old-Furniture-Warehouse Morgue-tuary".
- Take That!: Strong Bad pokes fun at the Paranormal Activity series by imagining the Sad Kids as "bloody-eyed found-footage children".Sad Girl: Nine...
Sad Boy: Sequels...
- Too Much Information: Strong Bad is concerned that the King of Town will try to eat The Cheat's Fudgie the Whale costume, but the King says not to worry:King of Town: No, no, I'm more of a Cookie Puss man, myself! Fudgie the Whale always made me a little fudgy...Strong Bad: YOU SAY NO MORE WORD TALK!
- Unexplained Recovery: Pom Pom has somehow come back from being exploded in "I Killed Pom Pom!", which is lampshaded by Homestar.
- Waxing Lyrical: Coach Z chants "Alright, alright, alright, alright," capping it off with "Now ladies!" in reference to "Hey Ya!" by OutKast.