Airdate: Friday, October 28, 2016
After another exciting Halloween night, the gang hangs out in the spooky woods... did we miss something?
- Continuity Nod: Strong Bad goes ghost hunting with Strong Sad, the King of Town and the Poopsmith while dressed as Sharpdene, the "new girl character" he made up in Marzipan's Answering Machine 17.
- In Medias Res: The toon starts off with the characters already gathered to show off their costumes as if it were the end of any of the other Halloween cartoons, where they proceed to reminisce about what they did earlier.
- Lampshade Hanging: Coach Z, who is dressed as the relatively obscure Kwamé, is asked by Strong Bad if he's "running out of '80s and '90s rappers to be".
- At the end of the costumes section, Bubs comments "I didn't even do anything in this one. This is stupid!"
- Noodle Incident: Unlike most Halloween cartoons, we start at the part where the characters stand around in the spooky woods and comment on each other's costumes; the actual events of the night are only alluded to, and though most of them are expanded on in an Easter Egg, we still don't know the full details:
- Strong Bad, Strong Mad, and The Cheat went trick-or-treating at Senor Cardgage's.
- Strong Sad, the King of Town and the Poopsmith went ghost-hunting with Sharpdene (who's actually Strong Bad with a coat rack with a wig on it duct-taped to his body)
- Coach Z and Bubs got some free samples of a new flavor of Fluffy Puff Marshmallows from a creepy mascot.
- The Goblin and Rocoulm (the creature from "the Jibblies painting") got married.
- Overly Long Name: The Fluffy Puff Pumpkin-Spice-Latte-Flavored-Banana-Bread Malloweens.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Strong Bad's "Sharpdene" disguise is just him with a coat rack wearing a wig and sunglasses duct-taped to his back, while he speaks in a gravely southern U.S. accent.
- Shout Out:
- The following exchange is a quote from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of "Mr. B Natural":Homestar: Knew your father, I did!
Strong Bad: You leave my father out of this!
- Homestar, in his long-running habit of getting other characters' costumes wrong, tells Strong Sad (in song) that he really likes his "Lady Milhouse" costume (Strong Sad is actually dressed as the Utz Girl).
- The following exchange is a quote from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of "Mr. B Natural":
- Temporary Bulk Change: After Strong Sad rattles off a Long List of alternative food mascots he could have dressed as, his paunch spontaneously grows bigger.Strong Sad: Hey, I gained fifteen pounds just saying those names!
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Homestar briefly turns into a musical note when Strong Bad comments on his costume, much to everyone else's surprise.
- Waxing Lyrical: