Gordon's progress is blocked by a twofold problem: the need to power on the tram system to continue, and a gargantuan armored alien. He must reactivate the generator in the basement, but to double the fun, the Marines are back, and have fortified the path to the lower levels.
This Chapter contains examples of:
- Almost Dead Guy: The guard in the control room. He manages to explain how to turn the generator on, but there's nothing you can do for him.
- Backtracking: To return after turning on the power. Annoyingly, the H.E.C.U. have moved in behind you.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game / Booby Trap: Now Gordon can use the tripmines. And they're pretty good against Marines...
- Boss Battle: the Gargantua alien, which must be either overwhelmed with explosives or lured between two giant coils and electrocuted.
- Creepy Basement: Where the generator is found.
- Death Trap: The H.E.C.U. have rigged up the elevator to the generator room with claymores.
- Hard Levels, Easy Bosses: Battling the marines, turrets and alien slaves is tough. But the Gargantua? You really just need to run past it a couple times.
- Hazardous Water: Full of predatory leeches. Obviously.
- Hoist by Their Own Petard: If you can get to the basement without setting off the tripmines on the elevator, the Marines who come down after you will fall into the trap.
- It Can Think: Annoy the monster enough, and it will start puppy-guarding your hiding place.
- Ledge Bats: The Houndeyes in the basement excel at this. Thankfully, the drop isn't that bad.
- Mysterious Watcher: After taking a chapter off, he's back, calmly watching Gordon from the control room. When you get up there, the only way in is boarded up, and the guard inside gives no indication he saw anyone.
- Sidetrack Bonus: A number of grenade rounds for the SMG.