Welcome to New Byzantium! A futuristic earth colony filled with happy, prosperous people. Oh, and tiny squirrel aliens operating cloned body suits in order to steal military technology for their great purpose. Ace's birthday celebrations get out of hand as she, the Doctor and Bernice become embroiled in an attempt to uncover the truth of Arden and its mysterious intelligence.
- The Brigadier: Marshal Talevera.
- Capture and Replicate: The Sheen control a clone of the original person, but in order to do so the original person is kept locked away in deep freeze so the Sheen can access their memories.
- Cartwright Curse: Poor Ace.
- Cloning Gambit: Ace and Kim undergo cloning in order to avert the injuries caused by crashing into the planet and avoid dying in the upcoming battle.
- Continuity Nod: The Doctor mentions triggering a weapon that destroyed a planet.
- Cool Starship: The Broadsword is the first of its type, a ship that you fly by literally plugging yourself into the computer until you feel as though you are the ship.
- Hive Mind: The Sheen.
- Organic Technology: The Sheen grow all their technology, from cloning vats to hospital beds.
- Sadistic Choice: Ace is forced to choose between shooting innocent mind controlled people or allowing Umbra to suceed in spreading over the galaxy.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Tempting Fate: Bernice should really know better by now:Bernice: Well at least it can't get worse.