When Toby places third in the Science Fair, no one cares. He feels that no one notices him, so he decides to try out for wrestling.
Paige and Hazel wonder where Terri's getting money for new clothes and a really clunky new flip phone. It turns out she's a plus-sized model.
- Acquired Situational Narcissism : Toby has shades of this after he joins the wrestling team and gets his team jacket. Inverted with Terri, as her ads make her ashamed of her size.
- Recycled Plot : Didn't Jan Brady want to change her image? Kathleen was the anorexic on Degrassi Junior High, and let's not forget DJ on Full House.
- That Came Out Wrong : Terri in a "huge ad campaign."
- Unusual Euphemism : In this case, a distinctly Canadian one. Ashley calls Toby a "garburetor," which is a Canadianism for garbage disposal.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot : We hear it. So does J.T., when Toby adds bulimia to his list of unhealthy behaviours.
- Weight Woe: Toby starts an unhealthy regime to try and improve his chances on the wrestling team. An unusual male version of the trope. Toby's not fat, by any means, at 55kg, but he wants to move to a lower weight class.
- Terri has a different kind of Weight Woe, as a plus-sized model.