Three months after his memoir is released, Bojack is being considered for a role that is his lifelong dream. Bojack discovers that while the book may have resurrected his career, it also might have ended all of his personal relationships. Meanwhile, Todd and Mr. Peanutbutter make plans for questionable new business ventures.
"Later" contains examples of:
- Attention Deficit Oh Shiny: The ideas that Todd and Mr. PB come up with actually seem to catch on with the public, but they never actually take it beyond the first steps because they keep getting distracted by more ideas.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: "Vincent" made it sound like he was going to tell Princess Carolyn that he's actually a kid, but instead he says "I love you", much to Bojack's frustration.
- Did Not Get the Girl: BoJack tells Diane he really wanted her to like him. All Diane has to say is, "I know".
- Noodle Incident: Evidently, the last time BoJack was at the Golden Globes was in 1992. He was kicked out for getting into a fist fight with Sir Paul McCartney.
- Rule of Three: Throughout the episode, we see three people fall victim to the Halloween in January store.
- Running Gag: People getting hurt as a result of Todd and Mr. PB's "Halloween in January" store not having a floor.
- Title Drop: By Princess Carolyn, Diane, and BoJack.