- Adult Fear: It's bad enough the Giant parents are worried sick about their run-away son, but it gets worse when he unwittingly tells his greedy manager about the existence of giants, prompting said-manager to capture all the giants so he can force them to wrestle.
- An Aesop: Parents are always looking out for their kids, and it's important to cherish that.
- Good Parents: Jakes parents are this, but at times, he's too annoyed at them to see he has it good. The same goes with the giants who ask Jake for his help finding their missing son.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself: Played with. It's not Halloween, but all the other wrestling competitors have such crazy gigs and costumes that all Jake has to do is dress in a mask and spandex, and nobody suspects he's a dragon.
- Meaningful Echo: Johnathan's rhyme about how to escape a bear chasing you may be cheesy, but it serves Jake well in tripping up the Bear-like wrestler.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Jake, when his opponent chomps down on his tail during a wrestling match.
- Your Costume Needs Work: When Jake presents himself to King Hammer as Dragonfire, King Hammer remarks that the dragon "costume" looks fake.
Recap / American Dragon Jake Long S 01 E 20 Ring Around The Dragon