Trapped and alone, Finn must unravel the riddle of the weird cave with no exit.
- All Cloth Unravels: When entering the cave, Finn's shirt gets caught and unravels. Finn decides to use the string as a trail to find his way back, "bread-crumb style". Later, on his final attempt to make it out of the Hall of Egress, he removes all his clothes to keep the others from finding him the same way, and ends up going around in a tunic made of animal hides.
- Continuity Nod: The Dungeon Train is seen again. The eponymous Hall is apparently the dungeon they were looking for when they found it.
- Crazy-Prepared: Finn wears multiple layers of blindfolds to keep himself from returning.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Every time Finn opens his eyes after entering the Hall of Egress, he's sent back to where he started both physically and temporally. The only way to break the loop turns out to involve finding the Hall of Egress again.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: Finn keeps his memories each time he's sent back to the Hall of Egress.
- Single-Episode Handicap: Finn must effectively blind himself to stay out of the Hall of Egress. If he opens his eyes, he's not just sent back to the same location, his mind is sent back in time to when he closed them.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Finn has lived through years trying to get through the Halls of Egress, but hardly any time has passed for Jake by the time Finn finally gets out.