- Straight: Alice serves Bob shepherd's pie...made with actual shepherd. Bob, none the wiser, enjoys every bite and licks his plate clean.
- Downplayed: Alice feeds ground-up human flesh to her dog.
- Justified: Human flesh really does resemble pork or other "mundane" meat, so one could be told that the meat they're eating is pork and they wouldn't know the difference.
- Inverted: Alice serves Bob a pork chop, and tells him it's human flesh.
- Alice serves Bob a veggie burger.
- The shepherd's pie has no shepherd in it.
- Double Subverted:
- Manufactured by Soylent Green.
- It does have a little bit of ground up plumber, however.
- Parodied: Alice puts out a cookbook full of secret human recipes.
- Zig Zagged: Alice uses different types of meat for her foods, depending on what's available and what the dish is. Sometimes it's beef, sometimes pork, sometimes chicken, sometimes tofu (or other meat substitute), and sometimes human flesh.
- Alice doesn't cook In-Universe.
- Alice doesn't use human flesh in any of her cooking.
- Enforced: Horror Tropes
- Lampshaded: "If you can't find Long Pork, regular pork is fine."
- Invoked: Alice finds out that Bob has been cheating on her with Carol, and wants to make both of them suffer. She begins to fantasize about killing Carol, butchering her, and then secretly Force Feeding her to Bob.
- Exploited: Alice wants to get Bob kicked out of his religious community, so she forces him to commit a grave sin.
- Defied: Alice doesn't want to go to Prison, so she doesn't kill Carol or feed her to Bob.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Playing With / The Secret of Long Pork Pies