Basic Trope: Kid Heroes who skip school for plot reasons.
- Straight: Ivan and James are rarely seen going to school when they should.
- Exaggerated: Ivan and James skip a full year of school.
- Downplayed: Although Ivan and James often complain about homework and how cruel their teachers are, they are never actually seen attending school.
- Justified: They attend such a Sucky School that nobody would begrudge their skipping.
- Inverted: The kids never leave their school.
- Subverted: They're not seen at school, but at the end they are.
- Double Subverted: But something else happens, so they leave again.
- Parodied: Ivan and James casually leave math class, and while plenty of people, including the math teacher and the principal, see them go, nobody lifts a finger to stop them.
- Zig Zagged: Some days they go to school, other days they don't, and on the days when they do go to school, they spend varying amounts of time there.
- Averted: The kids are often seen attending classes between adventures.
- Enforced: The writers would rather focus on the kids' adventures than on 'boring' lessons.
- Lampshaded: "Shouldn't we be in school right now?"
- Invoked: The kids learn about an event that affects them personally, so they decide to intervene and try to shift the outcome in their favour.
- Defied: The kids' parents make them attend classes in case they learn something that could be useful outside.
- Discussed: "What's the point of going to school when we could be doing something important?"
- Conversed: Kids who watch the show get into an argument with their parents over the pros and cons of emulating its protagonists.
- Deconstructed: Because the kid is constantly missing school to go on adventures/save the world, his grades plummet and his GPA falls, ruining his future.
Wait, why are we here at TV Tropes? Shouldn't We Be in School Right Now?