Basic Trope: Person's Balloon Belly gets so big they pop.
- Straight: After Emperor Evulz's death, Violet commits suicide by inflating herself via inhalation and slicing herself open with a sword, causing a Ludicrous Gibs explosion.
- Violet inflates to the size of a three story building before exploding and coating the nearby countryside with High-Pressure Blood.
- Violet literally swells up like a balloon, rises to the occasion and pops, with no blood, guts, or even skin left over.
- Downplayed: Balloon Belly.
- Only a single part of Violet's body swells up and pops, but not all of her, and she's injured but fine.
- Averted: Violet doesn't explode.
- Parodied: A TV commercial for the resturant Jack and Charlie work at is made to help bring in customers. Said commercial homages the infamous Mr. Creosote sketch by depicting a man gorging himself at the restaurant until messily bursting, splattering patrons with the contents of his stomach. Understandly it doesn't help.
- Discussed:Bob: Dude, did she just blow up like a balloon and explode?
Alice: Well, she always did have a inflated opinion of herself.
- Played For Laughs: After defeating Violet, Alice stabs her in the back, which somehow causes her to inflate to enormous proportions until she explodes. It's bloodless, but as weird as it sounds.
- Played For Drama: Violet's explosion is incredible graphic and shows everything in grotesque detail.
Back to "Pop!" Goes the Human