- Kurama's roar during Naruto's battle with him. The glowing red eyes, the exposed fangs...he truly looks more like a rabid animal than the intelligent Bijuu we know him to be, and it is terrifying.
- The "Voices of Hatred" sequence in the same fight. Creepy just...doesn't even come close to describing it.
- Kurama's eyes will roll back and he'll have Blank White Eyes during some attacks.
- The single, bloody claw that pierces through Minato and Kushina. Not individually, but at the same time in the origin cinematic, just inches away from baby Naruto. No Gory Discretion Shot here folks, everything's in full view, Adult Fear and all.
- Sasuke makes some really creepy facial expressions in canon to showcase his ever-worsening insanity, but this game takes it Up to Eleven. See his expression◊ after stabbing Karin and Danzo, and his gleeful usage◊ of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan during his Ultimate Jutsu."These eyes can see darkness clearly."
- Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan Sasuke is practically a Nightmare Fuel incarnate, just about all his attacks end with something terrifying, such as the extreme closeup on his eye for one of his standard combos. And his Ultimate Jutsu finish manages to add even more fuel to the above-mentioned Nightmare Face, by showing a shot of him just after an eye transplant.
- The two Zetsu that Sasuke faces later on. They're huge giants with two heads somewhere and have two Venus fly traps, on the side of its stomach and the other on its shoulder.
- Naruto also faces them, only with FOUR heads and flytraps.
- The Zetsu clones during the Borui's Battlefield section of the game. They all are soulless, expressionless, devoid of detail, and yet still retain a single personality trait of the host body. It's slightly unnerving hearing their dub voices chatter en masse without a single reverb, like it's the original Zetsu talking through each and every one.
Nightmare Fuel / Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3