- Chapter 16 is full of this!
- The look we get at the battle between Minato's army of Persona vs Erebus and The Shadows, while it's full of Awesome moments where each individual Persona pretty much wipes out an armies worth of Shadows each, the sheer hopelessness that can be felt from fighting against an enemy that is literally respawning endlessly is chilling, especially as we see how everyone, Heroes, Demons, Angels, Dragons and even Gods, are slowly overwhelmed and cut down until only Metatron, Belial, and Thanatos are left. That's not even taking Erebus into account who in all likelihood could have probably soloed all of them even without the help of The Shadows.
- The very fact that Trihexa is described as being at least a magnitude greater than Erebus in strength, or just how close humanity had come to inadvertently awakening it back when they built the tower of Babel.
- The detailed descriptions of the army of brainwashed Sacred Gear users, of the sheer damage that they take without feeling it, of the sheer carnage that they deal out and are dealt to them how their expressions were completely blank due to the mind wiping they had undergone. It's scarily reminiscent of a Zombie Apocalypse.
- The moment when it becomes clear to Sirzechs just how far the Old Satan loyalists have managed to infiltrate their ranks when he sees the symbols of Leviathan, Asmodeus, and Beelzebub on their soldiers' armour.
- Remember how Rias' peerage felt when Minato summoned Nidhogg? Well... The real thing shows up later in Chapter 17, and it damn well deserved the dread it gathers.