- Complete Monster: This verse's Kokabiel is the most evil and sadistic member of the Fallen Angels and the former leader of their council the Grigori. He's a genocidal maniac who firmly believes in the superiority of the Fallen, rekindling the Great War to wipe out as many other species as possible. He kills his Father to assume his power, will happily torture his enemies to death, callously sacrifices his own soldiers, and plans on raping Rias and Sona before killing them just to piss off Sirzechs and Serafall.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Based on the reviews for Chapters 6, 7 and some of 8 Nidhogg, Metatron, and Bellial are the most popular of Minato's Personas. Overall, though, all the Personas are incredibly liked by fans, Uriel among them.
- Growing the Beard:The story's quality takes a major leap during the Excalibur arc, giving Issei and other characters more room to shine, extensive world building, and better balancing of Minato's Story-Breaking Power.
- Jerkass Woobie: Raynare. While shes still a cruel and selfish bitch, her backstory is fleshed out here and goes into the circumstances of her fall. Originally she was an idealistic and pure angel who fell in love with and believed that she could redeem one of the Grigori, only to find that she was just a momentary amusement for him. As a result she is stripped of her status and loses her home and had little option but to serve under Kokabiel since he was the only thing she had left. Later, during the story itself, she loses what little she still had after she gets her wings ripped off by Metatron and comes within a hairs breadth of crossing the Despair Event Horizon. It only goes further later in the story when we learn that deep down she genuinely regrets what she has become but sees no choice since she has already fallen. Culminates in her choosing choosing to side with our heroes instead of betraying them for Kokabiel, resulting in her dying yet being revived as the Archangel of Venegance.
- Moral Event Horizon: Kokabiel starts off already way past it when he reveals that he was the one who assassinated God during the Great War, doubly so since the only reason he could pull it off was because God had been weakened performing an act that had saved the world and everything in it.
- The entire Hero Faction took a flying leap across it in chapter 16 when they sent an army of Brainwashed and Crazy Sacred Gear users against the peace summit. An army whose ranks include both the elderly and children. Though its revealed in chapter 18 that they were actually left in the dark about the brainwashed army, Cao Cao still admits that it was partially his fault the Sacred Gear users were abducted and brainwashed.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Minato with his massive powers falls into this in the early chapters but moves out of it as the story progresses, with Issei and the rest of the gang getting their fair share of the limelight.
- Tear Jerker: Akeno asks Minato why Raynare got brought back when her mother didn't get that chance.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: After spending a training arc with Rias' peerage preparing them for the Rating game, the setup is wasted when Minato temporarily joins Rias' peerage and sucked any suspense from the story leaving it very obvious who would win. The reason he joined, being Issei losing the use of Boosted Gear in a Contrived Coincidence that was never brought up again, makes it worse.
YMMV / A Demon Among Devils