We Are The In Crowd is a pop punk band from Poughkeepsie, New York. Formed in 2009 as a studio project known as The In Crowd between frontwoman Taylor 'Tay' Jardine and a former member. Jordan Eckes (rhythm guitar, vocals), Mike Ferri (bass guitar), and Rob Chianelli (drums) later joined the studio project. The former member was kicked out and spitefully hacked The In Crowd's MySpace profile. The hacking turned to be a blessing in disguise due to Absolute Punk catching wind of the story. Hopeless Records contacted The In Crowd and asked them to sign to their label. After Cameron Hurley (lead guitar, backing vocals) joined the band and The In Crowd was forced to change their name to We Are The In Crowd due to copyright issues with a reggae band from the 1970's also named The In Crowd, We Are The In Crowd was formed. The band embarked on some small tours along with the Vans' Warped Tour 2010 before their debut EP Guaranteed to Disagree was released in 2010. The following year, their debut full length Best Intentions was released. After two years of touring to support that album, the band went into the studio to record their second full length Weird Kids which was released in 2014.
- Guaranteed to Disagree (EP) (2010)
- Best Intentions (2011)
- Weird Kids (2014)
Tropes found in We Are In Crowd:
- Audience Participation Song: Quite a bit. During The Best Thing (That Never Happened), Tay will start the line "You'll crack just like the rest when I" and the audience will shout back "Break your fucking jaw." Same with Rumor Mill, the audience will shout back the "Better for me," in the chorus, and "Talk some shit," in the second verse.
- Album Title Drop: Weird Kids is dropped in the song Attention.
- Break-Up Song: A bitter one is The Best Thing (That Never Happened). Others include Never Be What You Want, Both Sides of the Story, We Need a Break, The Worst Thing About Me, On Your Own, See You Around, You've Got It Made, Better Luck Next Time, Manners, and Remember (To Forget You).
- Grief Song: Windows in Heaven, written about Tay's father who died when she was thirteen.
- Non-Appearing Title: Both Sides of the Story, Rumor Mill, This Isn't Goodbye, It's BRB, Better Luck Next Time.
- Precision F-Strike: Aside from the usage of goddamn in For the Win, Tay wasn't one to curse in songs. That makes the line you'll crack just like the rest when I break your fucking jaw in The Best Thing (That Never Happened) all the more affecting.
- Silly Love Songs: Kiss Me Again. Easily the most love esque song the band has written to date.
- Step Up to the Microphone: While Tay and Jordan share vocal duties, in the band's cover of Brand New's song Sic Transit Gloria (Glory Fades), Jordan has more of a lead in that song, as opposed to the other way around of Tay being the lead.