A novel by Django Wexler, Shinigami ::God of Death:: tells the story of two sisters trying to escape a world they don't belong in.
She and her sister Lina awake to an afterlife, of sorts the world of Omega, ruled by cruel, squabbling, and nearly all-powerful Archmagi. When Lina finds a magical sword of immense power, she becomes the unwilling epicenter of the conflict. The sisters are forced to join the Circle Breakers, rebels sworn to prevent the tyrants from expanding their rule.
Lina, bearing the ancient artifact, is hailed as the Liberator the latest in a long line of heroes expected to destroy the Archmagi. Sylph finds herself at the head of the rebel armies fighting to take back the land and the lives of its people. But what kind of a land is it? Is Omega really the world that lies beyond death? And who is the legendary Lightbringer, a being greater even than the Archmagi?
This book provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Most of the cast.
- A God Am I: The Archmagi and the Lightbringer.
- Anti-Hero: Vhaal is a type V.
- Big-Bad Ensemble
- The Chess Master: The Lightbringer.
- Cool Sword: Lina gets one at the start of the book.
- The Dragon: Rathmado is this to everyone.
- Deadto Begin With
- Evil Overlord: One for each part of the book, and then the Lightbringer is their overlord.
- La Résistance: The Circle Breakers
- The Strategist: Sylph