Let's Start Drawing (1997) is a art kit for children of 4 years old and up. Inside the kit are some toolsnote , a Picture Book by Emma Foa and a drawing pad filled with projects by Debi Ani. The picture book serves as a instruction manual on how to draw and even provides the reader with some ideas, with the help of the character "Timothy the Toucan". The kit was released by Portico Publishing, who also is responsible for the publishing of the book and drawing pad.
This book provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: The picture book by Emma Foa is the manual for the drawing pad.
- Art Imitates Art: Though the art in the books isn't really famous, you're encouraged to do this by copying their art.
- Artistic License Ornithology: Timothy in a few pictures is shown swimming despite the fact that toucans can't swim.
- Bluebird of Happiness: Timothy the toucan is blue. This is unsurprising since you're supposed to have fun with this.
- Deliberately Monochrome: Timothy suffers from this on one page of the picture book.
- Picture Books: The instruction book by Emma Foa can be considered this.
You will need...