- In spite of their earlier argument, Zuba rushes off to help Alex once he realizes his son went to find the water source on his own. Then when both lions are cornered by the humans, Zuba is truly amazed by how well Alex dances and decides to join in.Alex: Dad, what are you doing?
Zuba: I'm dancing with my son!
- Melman deciding to profess his love for Gloria - through Moto Moto. It really shines through that Melman is the one who loves her, not the shallow womanizer Moto Moto is.Melman: No, no, that's not it. Listen, Mototo, you'd better treat this lady like a queen. Because you my friend, you have found yourself the perfect woman. If I was ever so lucky to find the perfect woman, I would give her flowers every day. And not just any flowers, okay? Her favorites are orchids. White. And breakfast in bed. Six loaves of wheat bread with butter on both sides. No crusts. The way she likes it. I'd be her shoulder to cry on and her best friend. And I'd spend every day trying to think of how to make her laugh. She has the most... most amazing laugh. (finally looks over to Gloria, who is in pure awe) Well, I mean that's-that's what I would do, if I were you. But I'm not, so you do it.
- The other hippos in the pond gush over Melman's confession.
- Melman offers himself as the sacrifice to the supposed volcano God, partly because it'll be a quick way to go, and mostly because maybe there's a chance of getting Gloria water. Gloria quickly tries to talk him out of it.Melman: Gloria, I just want you to know back at the zoo, it was never the doctors or the prescriptions that kept me going. It was always you. Seeing you every day: that's what kept me going.
- These lines from Gloria, which double as a Tear Jerker:Gloria: This is crazy. I had to go halfway around the world, to find out the perfect guy for me lived right next door.
- During the plane crash:Alex: This could be it, Marty! I just want you to know you were truly a one-in-a-million friend!
Marty: Thanks, buddy! You're the best ever!
Melman: I love you, Gloria! I always have!
- Followed by Melman's Anguished Declaration of Love.
- Alex reuniting with his parents when they get to Africa.Alex: Mom and dad...? Mom and dad... mom and dad! I got a mom and dad!
- Even cuter, Marty, Gloria, and Melman join in on the hug, happy for their friend.
- Alex revealing that he can pick Marty out among all the other zebras and speaking encouragingly to his friend.
Alex: ...before I go, I got something I wanna say. You've been a great friend. You've helped me so often to see the bright side of my problems that I never think of you as having any. I wasn't there for you when you needed me. Just like back at the zoo. What kind of friend does that make me? A pretty lousy friend, I guess. Well, I just want you to know that... you're one in a million.
- And during his trip upriver to return the water to the reserve.
Random zebra: This is just touchin'. It is touchin'.
- It's a small moment, but after the penguins hijack the tourist jeep, even as they're stunned and panicking, one of the other tourists finds Nana's handbag and brings it over to her, with Nana gratefully saying that he's a "nice boy".
- The tour guide protesting to Nana's plan to eat Alex, as well as being horrified when he thinks that he ran over one of the penguins.
- As the Zoosters and penguins are about to ram the dam, Mason gives his mis-information from Alex claiming to sacrifice him and not to pull up. Marty questions if he's sure, as an indication he's concern of sacrificing his best friend.
- In the ending credits: For our friend Bernie Mac, thanks for all the laughter.
- A meta-example in the prologue: Ben Stiller's son Quinn voices young Alex and Jada Pinkett Smith's daughter Willow voices young Gloria.
Heartwarming / Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa