- The penguins hijacking the Dreamworks logo is hilarious for some reason.Skipper: Well done, boys. Looks like ice-cold sushi for breakfast.
- Marty shows off his fountain trick (which culminates in a Spit Take) to the herd. The herd, being practically clones of Marty, instantly learn the trick - and taken to its logical conclusion when thousands of them Spit Take at Marty. Cue tsunami.
- King Julien is the first to suggest a volcanic sacrifice with a long and complicated argument with himself. Finally he finishes with:Julien: Quickly! Before we all come to our senses!
Julien: (to Private, hanging from the light-fixture) You, in-flight slave... Bring me my nuts on a silver platter.
- Other great Julien lines include:
Julien: If I, King Julien (that's my name), only had two days to live, I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler. I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. (Makes fart sounds, spits attempting to whistle) And you know what else I would do? I would invade a neighboring country and impose my own ideology on them, even if they didn't want it!
- When he is on the plane he's sitting on a skeleton's lap. Once again, the skeletal hand makes the same motions as his own.
- The launch, flight and crash of the "plane" is a twenty-minute long moment of funny, possibly because the penguins feature heavily in it."Pray to your personal god this hunk of junk flies."
"Place the bag over your face to hide your terrified expression from the other passengers."
- The entire "Pass it on" scene.
- The fight between Alex and Nana (the old lady from the first movie). A remix of Ennio Morricone's score for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is playing as they beat each other up with increasingly dirty moves.
"Does the strap adjust? It does... yes I imagine this will be perfect for me when I'm out jogging."
- Also, the No-Holds-Barred Beatdown Nana gives Makunga when she sees him with her tote. Just before that, there's Alex giving Makunga said tote. This is funnier if you imagine it in Alec Baldwin's manly, sinister voice.
- When the Penguins steal the first jeep, they smash Nana through the windshield and leave her behind:Private: Is she dead?
Skipper: (angrily) No! (Kowalski promptly reverses straight into her)
- Nana: "Ohh... that was beautiful... Now let's eat!"
- The entire plane crash scene starting with This exchange:(bulb flashes to indicate empty fuel tank)
Kowalski: Skipper, look!
Kowalski: It looks like a small incandescent bulb, designed to indicate something out of the ordinary, like a malfunction.
Skipper: I find it pretty and somewhat hypnotic.
Kowalski: That too, sir.
Skipper: Right. Rico, manual. (Rico tosses him the manual... and then Skipper promptly smashes the bulb with it and tosses it away.) Problemo solved.
Kowalski: Sir, we may be out of fuel.
Skipper: What makes you think that?
Kowalski: We've lost engine one... and engine two is no longer on fire.
Skipper: (covering hula doll's eyes) Don't look, doll, this might get hairy. (pulls up the intercom) Attention! This is your captain speaking! I've got good news and bad news. The good news is we'll be landing immediately. The bad news is we're crash-landing. (plane takes a dive, everybody screams) When it comes to air travel, we know you have no choice whatsoever. But thanks again for choosing Air Penguin.
Julien: Raise your arms, Maurice! It's more fun when you raise your arms like this!
- Julien is having a blast while the plane goes down.
Alex: Looks like this is it, Marty! I just want you to know that you're truly a one-in-a-million friend!
- Then as it continues going down
Marty: Thanks, buddy! You're the best ever!
Alex: I hope you won't mind when I tell you this!
Marty: Tell me what?
Alex: I broke your iPod!
Alex: The buttons were so small! It made me mad!
Marty: THE HORROR!!
Alex: I'm sorry! I'll get you a new one!
Marty: I'M GONNA KILL YOU, BUTT-BITER!
Melman: I LOVE YOU, GLORIA! I ALWAYS HAVE! (Gloria is sleeping. Alex and Marty stare at Melman.) L-L-Like you love the beach or a good book...or the beach.
Skipper: My goodness, Doll, you're shaking like a leaf. Rico, you've had your fun. Pull up. (After Rico pulls up) Gear down. (Kowalski lets gear down) Gently now, you just wanna kiss the ground. Just a little peck, a smooch, like you're kissing your sister. (plane touches ground, the bottom tears off) I said, kiss it! (the plane keeps sliding) Now just a little break. Just a touch. Little whisper.
- They aren't even actually nose-diving.
Mason: (yelling over the wind at Phil) I believe that's checkmate!
Alex and co: (screams of terror as the plane shoots off a cliff and plunges into the deep)
Skipper: Commerce emergency landing procedure. Flaps up!
Rico and Kowalski: (Raise flippers)
Rico and Kowalski: (pull, opening parachutes)
(Plane touches down slowly and smoothly, silent as a leaf)
Skipper: Kowalski, casualty report!
- To top it off, then when the plane finally lands, only then do the oxygen masks deploy.
Kowalski: Only two passengers unaccounted for, Skipper.
Skipper: That's a number I can live with. Good landing, boys. Who says a penguin can't fly? (commence high fives)
- This gag:Skipper: We should be up and running in, say, six to nine months.
Alex: Sixty-nine months?!
Skipper: No, six to nine months.
Kowalski: Skipper, we've all the parts we need but we're slightly behind schedule.
- And the second part:
Skipper: How slightly?
Kowalski: Six to nine years.
Skipper: Sixty-nine years?!
Kowalski: No, six to nine years.
- Though it ends up getting Played for Drama, Moto Moto falls for Gloria because apparently she's the fattest hippo he's ever met.
Moto Moto: Goodness girl, you huge!
- When he first sees Gloria, he's mostly submerged in the watering hole except for his eyes, and he makes some flirty eyes at her as Gloria's new friends squee in excitement. Moto Moto emerges from the water, soaking and like a fatter version of a hippo Terry Crews. He tears down or inadvertently runs over anything and anyone in his way, including some small mammals. Then there's their conversation:
Gloria: Who's your friend? Or is that your butt?
Moto Moto: (actually turns around in surprise, before realizing what she means and chuckles) Girl, you as quick as you are hefty.
Gloria: So you're Moto Moto.
Moto Moto: The name so nice, you say it twice.
Gloria: I kinda like it, fatso.
Moto Moto: I'll see you 'round girl. It won't be too hard, 'cause you so... plumpy.
- Their date the next night is pretty much him singing and joking about their obesity. When Gloria decides to start prying a little deeper, Moto Moto makes an eloquent little speech that tries to come off as sophisticated but is really just silly. He also insists that his answers to her questions will always be "yes" - unless no is required.
- The film's shout out to Planet of the Apes and the infamous man-ape kiss.Skipper: I could kiss you primate!Mason:...Oh, alright, but you're so darn ugly. *kisses Skipper*Skipper: O_O
Funny / Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa