- When young Bruce falls down a well and breaks his arm, Thomas not only retrieves him, but he sets the bone himself.
- Gordon putting his coat around Bruce on the night his parents are murdered, reassuring him that everything will be okay.
- After meeting Falcone, Bruce Wayne gives his coat to a homeless guy in an alley. As Bruce walks away, the homeless guy muses, "Nice coat." Later, when Batman takes out Falcone's henchmen, he notices the same homeless guy, and this exchange happens:Batman: Nice coat.
Homeless guy: Thanks.
- Alfred tells Bruce a story of how Thomas once brought Wayne Enterprises to the brink of collapse in fighting poverty in the depression. About setting an example for the powerful. Alfred then remarks that in a way it did work, because after their deaths, that got them to get their heads on to help Gotham. Indeed, Ra's remarks that their deaths indeed managed to get Gotham to "limp onward" afterwards, trying to keep the city together. So despite the tragedy, it's nice to see that their deaths had other positive outcomes.
- While Batman scales the apartments, a boy goes out onto the balcony with the sound of loud fighting in the other room. This is in the middle of something rather important, but Batman not only pauses, he makes a sound to alert the boy to his presence. The kid is entirely unafraid, but when he resumes being crestfallen after realizing that no one would believe him, Batman tosses a gadget down to him, then resumes climbing.
- After his disastrous first confrontation with Dr. Crane, Bruce calls Alfred on his cell phone and begs for help. We then have a brief shot of Alfred bringing him home in his car, like a parent who goes to help their child in the middle of the night.
- This exchange:Alfred: Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Bruce: You still haven't given up on me?
- Then this one:Gordon: I never said "thank you".
Batman: And you'll never have to.
Gordon: ...Thank you.
- Echoed beautifully in The Dark Knight:
Batman: You don't have to thank me.
Gordon: Yes, I do.
Batman: Don't thank me. Not yet.
- And again in Rises:
Blake: I may not get another chance.
Heartwarming / Batman Begins